Sunday, March 04, 2007

Red Light Weekend

Oh, recovery. J and I (but mostly J) have been slowed to a crawl by a nasty attack of the allergies, complete with scratchy throats, stuffy heads, runny noses, and sinus pressure.

We've strategically placed boxes of tissues throughout the house, overdosed on OJ & cranberry juice, and gotten lots of sleep. The home remedies seem to be helping, as did some sweet comfort food from Carrabba's, but we were unable to make our little trip north this weekend, to visit our new nephew and check out the Aquarium. That's a sad, sad thing - we were really looking forward to both! Even though this week is our glorious Spring Break, it's full of events, from work stuff to my first softball practice for my hospital's new team - yipee! Hopefully, the weather will stay beautiful, and maybe even get a bit warmer so we can spend more of the sunny days outside, as spring begins to set in...which brings a local favorite, the Cherry Blossom Festival, aka TONS of awesome photo opportunities, especially for sweet J.

Now...back to our lazy TV marathon of HGTV & FoodNetwork, which has made for a lovely evening on the couch, with bonus leftovers from Carrabba's. Bliss with my baby.


1 comment:

GRLucas said...

Nice. *cough - cough* I hope my wekk doesn't go to waste. Thanks for putting up with my sicky, babe.