Saturday, March 10, 2007

Springtime


March has been a lovely month. A fun one, too, with the freedom of Spring Break for us both. Much has been accomplished over the week+ we had off, from spring cleaning to sleeping in, relaxation & TV marathons to finally meeting our baby nephew during a lovely visit this morning, and even doing some planting. I believe I am what is called a container gardener, and I am loving it. In the past two evenings I've gone through a huge bag & a half of potting soil, 9 or 10 pristine clay pots, and a quarter of a box of plant food. It's been delightful, and I now have a front porch full of herbs, flowers, and baby trees. Oak, pine, and crabapple. Rosemary, basil, spearmint, and lavender. Flowering cabbage & kale. Combined with the perfect weather, heaven is here at home.

No comments: