Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Options, Options

So, I'm thinking about different things lately. I love my job at MCCG, but I still want to check out more of my options. The variety of career paths is why I chose nursing to begin with, and having tucked my first year of experience away I am ready to begin considering new journeys. I want to see more of the world, and our country alone offers many places on my must-see list. California, upstate New York, Seattle, Hawaii, and the list goes on and on. What better way to do that than with travel nursing? I've grown to love orthopedic trauma, so I may stick with it at MCCG and/or explore the Atlanta-area hospitals that offer the specialty unit in the future. I am drawn to the ICU environment, and also think that physician offices and urgent care centers would offer an easy work schedule when I am ready for a break from shift work. I have lots of ideas - I think this is a good problem. Nursing is so flexible.

I am also considering furthering my degree, especially now that GCSU is offering an entirely online RN-BSN program. I still think there are too few incentives to obtain a BSN vs an ASN, but in the meantime while I consider the master/nurse practicioner track, a BSN couldn't hurt. And it wouldn't over-qualify me for the hospital positions that I currently desire. So, like I said...options, options.

Totally unrelated - I am seriously craving Sonic! They are bombarding me with commercials tonight! Yummy :-)

2 comments:

GRLucas said...

Do it, babe! Rock out with your **** out!

Joe Deal said...

I'd be interested to see what you think of a couple of sites I created. Who knows - they might even help you find a program you like. There's one focused on RN to BSN programs and one focused on RN to MSN and Masters in Nursing programs. Hope this doesn't come across as spammy, I'm just always trying to get feedback on them so I can keep making them better.....