Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Few Post-Election Thoughts...

I am quite proud of Bush's call for progressing forward toward a "more perfect union" and I can really support that.

The world's view of Obama's victory is a fabulous thing to behold and be part of. The display of the feisty American spirit was proof that we are still a country of dreams. I never believed that we weren't, but sometimes it was harder to see the good in the dust of the bad.

Better late than never, I am so glad to have finally found a very articulate expression of why Palin was (sadly) a pawn, rather than a real step forward for women. This is a lot of what I've been feeling all along, and said much better than I could quite put together myself.

And lastly, I want to never forget that history was made last night. I want to remember that I was at work wearing navy blue scrubs, a white long-sleeved shift, and a red headband. That I was sitting at the big table in the breakroom with Lisa H, Ryan, Lisa F, Rita, Joyce, Monique, and Lionelli watching the acceptance speech Obama made. And that I got to be part of history.

No comments: